Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Satan is a punk....

Sometimes we forget how good God is.


We see a situation and get so discouraged.  We get angry, upset and even depressed that the problem before us seems impossible to overcome.  We stare up at the mountain and see the large mass of rock and not the big picture.


We were born into a life of sin (thanks a lot Adam and Eve) into a sinful world.  Bad things happen to good people.  That's life.  When we become a Christian, it isn't like this magic bubble surrounds us and all the good stays contained while the bad bounces off of it.  Not so.  


Whenever I hear of someone going through a bad time, I can't help but think of Job (Joe-b) in the Bible.  He lost everything.  His wife, his family, his land, his livestock and eventually his health - everything.  However, God never left him nor did He let him suffer without an ultimate plan.  The devil was trying to prove God wrong.  So when the devil came up the the throne room of God and said he had been "roaming the earth" (presumably looking for someone to harass), God suggested Job.  Then Satan told God to let him have Job.  He told God that Job only served Him (God) because he was protected.  He said to let him have Job and he will prove that when calamity comes his way, he will turn away from God.   Therefore, God let Satan do his worst.  Job grew upset and even a bit angry but he never blamed God for what was happening to him.  In the end, God blessed Job even more abundantly for his faithfulness.


Sometimes I look at my life like Job. Granted, my life has been pretty good compared to most but sometimes it just plain sucks.  If you notice, it seems like everything comes in a package, one thing after another.  There are times I get discouraged and overwhelmed thinking I just want to lay down and let the world pass me by.  Then I think of Job.  I get a new perspective and I realize if all this is coming against me, then God must think I am "blameless and upright".  Satan can only do what God allows.  He has no power except that which is given to him.  So if God gives him the power to come against me in a whirlwind, I will stand firm footed because God knows I can handle it and He will bless me in the end.


This isn't to say that sometimes I freak out.  However, when I look back I see that God has taken care of everything, every time.  So, why do I still freak out when I know that God has always taken care of me (even when I was a sinner, how awesome is THAT)?  I am still flesh....and I still have doubts.  Perhaps I think this is the one time God will leave me to my own demise.  Perhaps I am thinking I have been given His grace once too many.  Perhaps He is up there, sighing and throwing His hands up saying "Really, Misty?  AGAIN?"   Typing that brings a smile to my face because the God I serve is amazing.  He takes care of His children and when I accepted Christ, I was adopted into the Royal Family of God.  I am His and He is mine.  He never gets frustrated with me, He is patient and understanding and is always in the midst any situation.  For that, I strive to please Him.


So, if you are feeling discouraged, anxious or just plain 'blah', know that God is there in the middle of your situation.....and so is the enemy (aka Satan).  He is standing before the throne and condemning your name wanting nothing more than to destroy you.  Are you going to stand by and let him win?  


The enemy does not have to take you down to win, he only has to make you ineffective.


In closing, I want to leave a few scriptures for you, all are NIV.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." – Philippians 4:6


"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Dueteronomy 31:6 


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light". – Matthew 11:28-30


"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." – Galatians 6:9


"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." – Psalm 42:5-6a


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." -John 10:10


No comments:

Post a Comment